Prior to Ironman Lake Tahoe 2014 I plan on competing in some running races, century bike rides, shorter distance triathlons and even an “AquaBike”. All of these events are within driving distance of my home in San Francisco which is wonderful. The events will help me practice and refine my race-day plan. Races are also a great way to practice long distances in a controlled environment. Vineman AquaBike, for example, will be a full Ironman without the run. So it’ll give me a decent preview of what to expect and to practice my nutrition, special needs bag, etc. There are a million details to consider during an Ironman so the more I practice in real-race situations the better!
I also plan to travel to Tahoe several times between June and September to train on the bike course and swim in the lake.
2014 Race Calendar:
- 2/2/14: Kaiser Half Marathon (13.1 mi run) Completed. PR! Race Report.
- 5/3/14: Wildflower Long Course Triathlon (70.3 swim/bike/run) Registered with Team in Training and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Please consider donating here and helping me raise $5,000.
- 5/18/14: Strawberry Fields Century (100 mi bike) Registered
- 6/1/14: Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon (1.5 mi swim, 18 mi bike, 8 mi run) Registered
- 7/12/14: Death Ride (129 mi bike) Registered
- 7/26/14: Vineman AquaBike (2.4 mi swim + 112 mi bike) Registered
- 8/24/14: Lake Tahoe Triathlon (Olympic or Half Ironman) TBD
- 9/21/14: Ironman Lake Tahoe (2.4 mi swim + 112 mi bike + 26.2 mi run) Registered
Contact me if you have any other suggestions, please! Thanks!! And for my friends in the Bay Area, I would love your support at any of these races. Come cheer and I will love you forever!!